Day 1: Your Door to Door service will transfer you to Newcastle, Port of Tyne to embark Balmoral.
Highlights of the cruise include:
- 2 days cruising the Kiel Canal. One of the world’s most important shipping routes, connecting the North Sea, at the mouth of the River Elbe to the Baltic Sea. Take in gorgeous scenes of lush-green countryside and picturesque villages along its still waters.
- Warnemünde, a delightful seaside town on the coast of the Baltic Sea is one of Germany’s most popular holiday resorts. With its wide sandy beaches, traditional pubs and fantastic restaurants serving locally caught seafood.
- Berlin’s iconic monuments such as the Brandenburg Gate and the remains of the Berlin Wall; the gabled houses and Brick-Gothic structures of UNESCO-listed Wismar and the Hanseatic-era treasures of Rostock can all be uncover on tours from Warnemünde.
- Cruise the River Elbe. One of the main waterways in Central Europe stretching from the Czech Republic to the North Sea. Sailing to and from Hamburg, you'll take in views of the lush-green German countryside, pass by pretty river islands and nature reserves such as Schwarztonnensand and Pagensand and see the delightful towns of Glückstadt and Brunsbüttel.
- Vibrant, cosmopolitan and historic Hamburg, Germany’s principal port. Hamburg is awash with historic buildings and monuments typical of Hanseatic heritage. The steeple of St. Nikolai – a church almost destroyed in World War II, the 17th century Zollenbrücke Bridge and Hamburg Rathaus are must-visit sites. The amazing Miniatur Wunderland museum is highly recommended, as is the UNESCO-listed Kontorhaus District.
- Straddling the Weser River is the maritime city of Bremen. The Hanseatic Gothic architecture in the Marktplatz and narrow timber buildings in the Schnoor Quarter are the standout highlights in the oldest part of the city. The ornate Gothic Town Hall, originally built between 1405 and 1410, is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- 2 days at sea.
Day 10: We disembark in Newcastle and meet your Door to Door service home.