Day 1: Your Door to Door service will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Sicily. On arrival, our local coach will transfer us to the Arathena Rocks Hotel in Giardini Naxos, our base for the next 7 nights.
During our stay, the following excursions will be included:
- A guided walking tour of Taormina which is surrounded by a setting of rocks, gardens and sea. Taormina’s most famous structure is the Greek-Roman theatre from which there is a spectacular view of the sea and Mount Etna.
- The city of Catania where ancient monuments and fanciful Baroque buildings characterise the cityscape. Highlights include the Norman-Baroque Cathedral, the Elephant Fountain, the Greek theatre and Roman Odeon.
- Visit the picturesque hill villages of Savoca and Forza D’Agro, film locations of The Godfather.
- The Ortygia Peninsula and the UNESCO site and temples of Syracuse, one of the most important cities of Ancient Greece and whose ruins rise out of lush citrus orchards. Time to wander through its streets and piazzas where you will find the Fountain of Arethusa.
- Excursion to Mount Etna, Europe’s highest active volcano. Walk the Silvestri craters and the lava streams of 1983 and 2001, with lunch included.
- 2 full days and 2 half free days to relax and enjoy the hotel’s facilities or explore the local area at your own pace.