'Door to door'
A charming tour as we take in the historic town of Chepstow before travelling north up the beautiful Wye Valley. We also include a leisurely drive to The Cotswolds before visiting Chavenage House – a stunning 16th century, grey Cotswold stone manor house with many Civil War associations as well as being currently featured as ‘Trenwith’, the Poldark family manor from the popular TV series.
· Admission to Chavenage ~ ‘Trenwith Manor’ in TV’s Poldark
· River Wye Cruise
· Chepstow, Wye Valley & Monmouth
· Forest of Dean
· Picturesque Cotswolds
· Gloucester and Sharpness Canal Cruise
· We make our way to Cirencester ‘capital of The Cotswolds’ where we take a break giving us chance to explore the lovely town. From here we continue to Royal Tetbury, world-renowned for its unique Royal associations. The centre of Tetbury has remained virtually unchanged since the time of Elizabeth I. This afternoon we make the short drive to Chavenage House with its many Civil War associations, including the tapestry lined room where Cromwell stayed in 1648. The house has been used as many film locations and is currently featured as ‘Trenwith’ – the Poldark family home.
· We spend a morning in Gloucester, where we have time to explore the historic centre with its magnificent cathedral. This afternoon we head for the restored and impressive Victorian Docks where we enjoy a cruise on the Sharpness Canal. Following our cruise you can enjoy a stroll around the Docks and maybe even visit the Merchant’s Quay shopping centre with its unique and unusual shops, cafes & bars.
· We head along the shore road of the River Severn to the historic town of Chepstow where we take a short break before we meander north up the beautiful Wye Valley, passing the ruins of Tintern Abbey on the way. We take a break in Monmouth, where you will have time to obtain some lunch. Afterwards we continue to Symonds Yat where we include a leisurely Cruise on the River Wye.
On the edge of the Cotswolds, just 2 miles from Gloucester city centre and 5 minutes from the M5, Hallmark Hotel Gloucester offers free parking and a leisure club with a pool and gym.
The hotel offers contemporary bedrooms with free Wi-Fi and satellite TV. Rooms also feature a modern bathroom and a work desk.
The Brasserie serves classic British cuisine in elegant surroundings. Guests can also enjoy lighter meals in the informal bar, and hearty cooked breakfasts are available daily.
The extensive leisure facilities include a relaxing spa pool, Finnish sauna and a steam room. There is also a fully equipped fitness centre and indoor swimming pool, and beauty treatments are available.
Swipe left and right
Pickup Points for this tour are:
The following room types are still available on this tour: