Day 1: Your Door to Door service will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Split. On arrival, our coach will transfer us to the Meteor Hotel in Makarska, our base for the next 7 nights.
During our stay, the following excursions are included:
- The picturesque town of Omis at the mouth of the Centina River, where the annual festival of Dalmatian folk songs takes place.
- Boat trip along the Centina River through the magnificent canyon with crystal clear waters to the picnic resort of Radmanove Mlinice. Here we enjoy lunch accompanied by traditional Dalmatian music.
- Drive along the Makarska Riviera and picturesque Neretva River Delta to Mostar; a meeting place of cultures and religions. A guided tour will show us the town highlights including the old Bazaar, the Koski Mehmed Pasha Mosque and a typical Turkish house. Finally we walk along the legendary Turkish bridge from the 16th century, after which the town was named.
- Visit of the city of Split, situated on a peninsula and surrounded by historical towns and settlements. Highlights include the 4th century Diocletian's Palace to visit its ancient cellars, peristyle, Roman temples, cathedral and baptistery and finally to the famous Golden Gate.
- Free time to explore the town of Trogir, a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Trogir arose from the ancient Tragurion and is full of buildings and monuments testifying to its rich history. These include the cathedral, the city loggia from the 15th century, the Cipiko Palace, the Town Hall and the Benedictine monastery dating from 1064.
- Coastal drive to Sibenik, the oldest Slavic city on the Adriatic. A short stop will be made in the old town with a visit to the most beautiful Renaissance cathedral on the Adriatic Coast.
- The Krka Waterfalls & National Park. The Krka River flows over 45 miles from its spectacular source near Knin en-route to the Adriatic. With its 7 waterfalls and a total drop in altitude of 242 meters, the Krka is a true phenomenon to witness.
- 2 free days in Makarska to explore further at your own pace or enjoy the hotel and resort facilities.
Day 8: Today we leave Croatia. Our coach will transfer us to the airport for our flight back to the UK and your Door to Door service home.