Day 1: Your Door to Door service will transfer you to the airport for your flight to Spain. A local coach will transfer us to the Hotel Maritim in Roses, our base for the next 7 nights.
During our stay, the following excursions will be included:
- A trip to the Cap de Creus Nature Park on the local tractor train, the Roses Express. This cultural tourist train offers a unique way of travelling, with marvellous panoramic views over the Bay of Roses and nature park.
- Villefranche De Confluent, in France, recently listed as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, to catch the Little Yellow Train to Font Romeu. One of the great railway journeys of the world, this historic meter-gauge electric railway rises through dramatic scenery, hugging the sides of the deep Tet Valley, winding between forests, chasms and gushing streams.
- Excursion to Figueres for an included visit to the Dali Museum. Built by Salvador Dali, the museum’s collection allows visitors a thought-provoking insight into Dali’s unique and captivating world.
- Free time in the traditional town of Figueres where a typical ‘La Rambla’ central avenue, can be found at the heart of the shopping zone and links the old quarter with newer parts of the town.
- An excursion on the rack railway to the Sanctuary of Nuria. Located in the Eastern Pyrenees, Vall de Nuria is a mountain resort with a unique landscape surrounded by peaks of almost 3,000m from which flow a multitude of water sources and torrents. From your seat on the rack railway you will see breath-taking scenery during the 12.5km journey over an incline of more than 1,000m.
- Day trip into France to take the TPCF Train Rouge from Rivesaltes to Caudies de Fenouilledes and via the open-top train, to Axat. Part of this historic railway has been in existence since 1901 and the journey takes us on a lovely ride through the Pays Cathare and Fenouilledes from the mountains to the sea.
- 1 and a half days free to enjoy the beach and promenade or explore the resort further at your own pace.
Day 8: Today we leave Roses. Our local coach will transfer us to the airport for our return flight back to the UK and your Door to Door service home.