Excursions Included for January, February, March, October & November Tours:
* We enjoy a visit to the captivating town of Totnes set on the picturesque River Dart. From here we continue to the beautiful town of Dartmouth with its ancient narrow streets, cobbled market place and home to the Britannia Royal Naval College.
* We enjoy some free time in the Regency town of Sidmouth, a lovely seaside town nestled beneath majestic red cliffs and the green hills of the Sid Valley.
Excursions Included for the April, July & September Tours:
* We make our way towards Budleigh Salterton where we enjoy a visit to the privately owned Bicton Park Botanical Gardens. Spanning nearly 300 years of horticultural history, these magnificent Grade I gardens are set in Devon’s picturesque Otter Valley. Here you will find historic glasshouses, countryside museum, the Bicton Woodland Railway, nature trail, maze and so much more. Following this visit we re-join the coach and make our way to Sidmouth, where we enjoy free time to explore.
* We enjoy an excursion which takes us to Brixham, one of the busiest fishing ports in the UK but is also a place where you can discover a range of arts and culture. Following some free time here we continue to Dartmouth, situated at the mouth of the River Dart. With its charming historic streets, scenic river location it is one of South Devon’s most popular & enchanting towns.
* On the 6 Day Tour in July: We make our way to Exmouth in time to join our boat to cruise along the oldest working shipping canal in Europe! Exeter Canal is 6 miles long linking Exeter and Exmouth. We travel at a relaxing pace as we sail along the canal admiring the two manually operated docks at Turf Locks and Double Locks as you sit back and enjoy the scenery. As we glide further along we pass through the Countess Weir Swing Bridge and continue to Exeter. Upon arrival in Exeter we enjoy some free time prior to meeting our coach for the journey back to the hotel.