'Door to door'
Little villages, lush green meadows, rich farmlands and sandy heathlands depicted by the famous painters Constable and Gainsborough. We visit historic Bury St. Edmunds with its Dickens connections and the delightful East Anglian countryside and peaceful coastline. As a nice contrast we visit the ‘Essex Sunshine Coast’. All this combines to give a holiday of particular charm and nostalgia.
· Constable Country: Flatford Mill & the Vale of Dedham
· Bury St. Edmunds & Lavenham
· Aldeburgh & Southwold
· ‘Essex Sunshine Coast’
· We discover the idyllic villages on our tour of Constable Country, including the birthplace of the famous painter at East Bergholt, an unspoilt village with many fine old houses and cottages. The church at Dedham, with its 131ft tower, and the little hamlet of Flatford Mill, were favourite landscape subjects. In the afternoon we visit the ‘Essex Sunshine Coast’ with bustling Clacton-on-Sea and the more relaxed Walton-on-the-Naze.
· We head into the rural north and the coastal village of Thorpeness. Here we pass ‘The House in the Clouds’, one of the country’s most famous follies. Originally built as a water tower, now a family holiday base. We come to the time warp seaside town of Aldeburgh where little has changed for many years. After spending some time here we continue to Southwold for some free time.
· We enjoy the journey to Bury St. Edmunds famous for its Abbey Gardens and the Angel Hotel, where Dickens and Mrs Pickwick stayed. Following some free time here we head for the pretty villages of Cavendish and Clare, with their pastel coloured cottages and on to Lavenham, one of our best preserved medieval villages, where we take a break.
A lovely 4 star hotel ideally situated for our visits on this tour. All of the en-suite bedrooms have LCD television with freeview channels, complimentary WiFi access, hairdryer, trouser press and tea/coffee making facilities. The hotel offers a restaurant, bar, lounge, indoor swimming pool, sauna and steam room. Sorry No Lift, however some ground floor bedrooms may be available.
Swipe left and right
Pickup Points for this tour are:
The following room types are still available on this tour: