'Door to door'
A lovely tour for summer as we take in Batsford Arboretum and Garden Centre, home to the country's largest private collection of trees and shrubs. Batsford is an intimate and romantic place to visit, with interest all year round from the first snowdrops of spring, right through to the outstanding autumn colour in October and November.
Sudeley Castle Gardens is rated amongst the top attractions on TripAdvisor for things to do in The Cotswolds, the castle rooms and exhibits contain many fascinating treasures, from ancient Roman times to the present day. Outside, the castle is surrounded by a breathtaking 1,200 acre estate and ten award-winning gardens. The centrepiece is the Queens Garden, so named because four of England’s queens – Anne Boleyn, Katherine Parr, Lady Jane Grey and Elizabeth I – once walked upon the original Tudor Parterre. The Pheasantry at Sudeley houses a collection of 16 rare and endangered species of birds from around the world as part of Sudeley’s programme of breeding and conservation. Sudeley Castle & Gardens is also the only private castle in England to have a queen buried within its grounds – Katherine Parr, the last of Henry VIII’s six wives. Today visitors can explore the beautiful 15th century church where she lies entombed.
Blenheim Palace - A masterpiece of Baroque architecture, Blenheim Palace provides an awe-inspiring experience for visitors. Home to the 12th Duke of Marlborough and his family and the birth place of Sir Winston Churchill, Blenheim Palace is a UNESCO World Heritage Site boasting a long and diverse history. Enter the Palace and explore the gilded State Rooms and priceless collections set against striking stonework, and experience the beauty and magnificence of this Grade I listed building.
· Entrance to Blenheim Palace, Park & Gardens
· Entrance to Batsford Arboretum
· Entrance to Sudeley Castle Gardens
· An Afternoon Cream Tea at the hotel
· We head towards Batsford Arboretum near Moreton-in-the-Marsh. This jewel of The Cotswolds holds one of the largest collections of shrubs and trees. Take time to wander through the ever-changing landscape. In the afternoon we take time to visit the pretty village of Broadway and Bourton-on-the-Water.
· We enjoy free time in Cirencester, the ‘Capital of The Cotswolds’ and the second largest town in England during Roman times. In the afternoon we make our way to Sudeley Castle Gardens, owned by Lord & Lady Ashcombe. There are nine magnificent, award-winning gardens which sweep round the castle, all with a unique style and design.
· We make our way eastward and on to Blenheim Palace, home of the Duke of Marlborough and the birthplace of Winston Churchill. The Palace is a unique example of English Baroque architecture. We enjoy free time here to explore the Palace, Park & Gardens.
Blunsdon House Hotel in Swindon is a unique four star family owned hotel in Wiltshire situated on the edge of the Cotswolds, close to the M4, M5 and easily accessible by rail from London and Bristol. There are 108 comfortable bedrooms, 2 restaurants, 3 bars, 11 meeting rooms and Leisure Club with indoor pool and 9 hole par 3 golf course making Blunsdon House Hotel in Swindon
Swipe left and right
Pickup Points for this tour are:
The following room types are still available on this tour: