The Salutation Hotel, Perth
Reputed to be one of the oldest hotels in Scotland, the Salutation Hotel has been welcoming guests since 1699. Situated in the heart of the historic City of Perth the hotel offers a warm welcome. All of the en-suite bedrooms are individual in size and shape and are equipped with TV, hairdryer, direct-dial telephone and tea/coffee making facilities. The hotel offers a restaurant, bar & lounge. Lift.
- Admission to Blair Castle & Gardens
- St. Andrews
- Free Time to explore Perth
- We enjoy a scenic excursion which takes us to Blair Castle, where we discover the fascinating past of the Dukes and Earls of Atholl. Unique amongst Scottish castles, the story told here will take you from a visit by Mary Queen of Scots to the Civil War, and from the Jacobite cause to the disaster of Culloden following Bonnie Prince Charlie’s own stay in the castle. Our ticket includes admission to the Castle & Gardens. Following this visit we head to Pitlochry, a bustling town and gateway to The Highlands located in a lovely setting on the River Tummel.
- We enjoy a visit to Dundee which sits on the banks of the River Tay – it is an historic port town and its maritime history is splendidly represented through two of the world’s most famous wooden ships, permanently docked on Dundee’s waterfront. Following our free time here we cross the River Tay and head to St. Andrews – a pleasant coastal town and seaside resort – where we have chance to explore.
- A free day to explore Perth, a former capital of Scotland which enjoys a beautiful position on the banks of Scotland’s largest river, the Tay. Perth was made a City again by the Queen as part of her Diamond Jubilee celebrations in 2012.
<< Click here to show more dates for this tour