Mercure Great Danes Hotel, Maidstone
This 4 Crown standard hotel is set in 26 acres of private grounds on the outskirts of Maidstone. All of the comfortable bedrooms are en-suite and have TV, telephone and tea/coffee making facilities. The hotel has a restaurant, indoor pool, sauna & solarium. Lift.
- Historic City of Canterbury
- Canterbury Cathedral Guided Tour
- Picture Postcard Chilham
- Sissinghurst Castle Gardens
- Chatham Historic Dockyard
- City of Rochester
- We enjoy a visit to the famous Historic Naval Dockyard at Chatham. This vast maritime heritage site offers the visitor much to see, with an abundance of historic buildings dating from 1704, three warships, dry docks, Royal Dockyard Museum and much more. During the afternoon we spend some free time in City of Rochester with its magnificent cathedral and historic castle.
- A visit to the picture postcard village of Chilham for some time to explore before continuing our journey to the Historic City of Canterbury. Whilst here we enjoy a guided tour of the magnificent Cathedral, now a World Heritage Site. There will then be some free time to explore the city with its maze of intriguing side streets, variety of specialist shops and welcoming cafes and pubs.
- We make our way to Sissinghurst Castle Garden for our included visit. Sissinghurst Castle Garden was the backdrop for a diverse history; from the astonishing time as a prison in the 1700’s, to being a home to the women’s land army. It was also a family home to some fascinating people who lived here or came to stay. Following this visit we make our way to Tenterden, regarded as one of the most charming towns in the South East.
<< Click here to show more dates for this tour